Thursday, April 7, 2016

EXPERIENCING THE PRESENT WITH PASSION

Experiencing the Present with Passion: The blessings I am receiving in my vocation journey

First I appreciate the blessing of the time of formation which is a time of modelling, growth and transformation. I am grateful for the gift of understanding, compassionate, patient and encouraging accompanists. It has been a big blessing for me to meet in MSOLA family humble and friendly leaders. I count it as a great blessing to have had companions in postulancy and novitiate. 
Many other blessings: supportive sisters, family members and friends. Learning and being enriched by other cultures, sessions, courses and other chances offered to enrich and help me in my growth like counselling sessions. Opportunities to serve in places where I felt deep joy and fulfillment i.e. in the slums and centres of the physically challenged and homes of children who find themselves in the streets.
It is a big blessing to experience the beauty of Muslims and Christians living together in peace without suspicion because in my country the Muslims are perceived to be a threat. 

Here, I am privileged to attend so many social and church gatherings which are so enriching in my missionary life.

Anna Nduku Muia


*****

I feel blessed to be a MSOLA with our rich Charism and spirituality where we find God in everything.
I am very happy to have an accompanist to journey with me. I always feel encouraged after our encounter hence moving on faithfully in the mission.

I feel fulfilled in my desire to be close to the people I serve through learning their language and culture.

 Jane Francis Namaganda


*****


The blessings I am receiving in my vocation journey: of having been received as a member of this MSOLA family during my first profession. This was an important step in my Christian life and in my journey as a disciple of Christ since the beginning of my formation.
Another blessing is the appointment of going to school whereby I am receiving a lot for my spiritual and vocational journey as a religious and as a MSOLA. From this gift, I recognize my growth which I couldn’t get if I wasn’t sent to do the course I am doing.
There is a blessing in the MSOLA way of forming which makes us mature and in the MSOLA way of analyzing realities e.g., changing structures because the reality shows that there is a need. We should thank God also for the idea of the reconfiguration. The other blessing is the fact that I am not left alone, I am always given a person to journey with me as accompanist and the guide (leaflets) for my journey as a MSOLA. I am also aware of being blessed by having all what I need."



Fides Mbabarempore



*****



One of the blessings that I am receiving in my vocation is to know and experience the unconditional love of God for me. I never knew before that God loves me as much as I know now! Also a blessing of support from the community, a blessing of being taken good care of by the Congregation, I am provided with basic needs, for example food, shelter, health care and other needs that are necessary for me.

Redempta Kabahweza    


*****

The many blessings I am receiving in my vocation journey are:
Studies of Social Work have enlightened me and encouraged me more to love our charism and to want to live it in its originality.
The experience with the present structures e.g. team leaders- the courage to dare into the unknown.
The charism in the enlarged vision of mission, because it helps me to open up to the reality of our context e.g. interconnectedness, JIPC.
The formulation of our purpose statement – the statement itself helps me redefine myself as to where am I in the present situation of the Congregation.
The gift of older sisters in our communities is a blessing because like that we enrich each other in many aspects e.g. values, lived mission etc."

Vickness Nangogo Muleya

*****



I am indeed receiving many blessings in my vocation: the gift of joy which is given to me by the Lord. I have no words to explain what it really is but all I know is that I am happy in the life that I am living now and happy with my sisters and with what has been entrusted to me at this moment as a mission, which is the studies. I really appreciate a lot for what I am receiving from the program that I am following. For me it is not only just for academic purpose,it is rather a holistic growth for me and others. Also, I have been blessed by having with me my elder sister who is journeying with me. For a long time I have not journeyed with a MSOLA sister, so for me it is a blessing.

Edith Numgnenuore Yendaw


*****



My growing as a person and knowing more and more myself. Deepening my faith in Christ and becoming closer to Him and living an intimate relationship with Him.
Apostolate: Learning new languages and discovering a new culture.  
Ongoing formation:I find the leaflets very helpful in building my relationship with Christ and making it a reality in my daily life.
The Salome program: It is very useful to build the community and our relationships between ourselves and God. 
Our internationality in the community enriches our life and gives a deep witness to the universal Church.
Our charism enables us to read the signs of the times in order to find true reality and bear witness.

Ferroudja Chabane 


*****



  • Our ongoing formation / leaflet
  • Program Salome
  • Our inter-nationalities/ inter- cultures communities
  • Young sisters meeting initiative
  • Retreat every year
  • Our charism which we are living through our apostolate.


Adeline Furaha Nkata


*****



I have time to deepen my relationship with my Lord: It gives me strength and courage in my vocation. Through this prayer, I have discovered some of my strengths and weaknesses. E.g. My faith:  It is because of my faith that I continued to be a consecrated MSOLA IN ALL TIMES. I discovered the weaknesses in me e.g. when the community priorities are in conflicts with my priorities (responsibilities) then conflicts can start because of that. This is the area for me to reflect more and to work on. I am learning to see my weaknesses as a challenge and as a part of my growth.

Community prayer: This moment is a blessing for me because I experience unity and togetherness. Together we thank God for many things. It is a concrete witness that Christ is at our centre, we unite with the Church when we use our breviary.  We share our faith, our experience with God and we pray for our brothers and sisters in need.

Recollections: It is a time of gratitude of all what have happened and time to continue to grow in the some of the areas of my life.

Annual retreats: during this time, I pray, listen to God through Jesus. I reflect on how God have been present during the year, through joyful moments, challenges and through people around me. I thank him for that and ask him to journey with us. I always come out of it strengthened and with new resolutions that helps me to be faithful to my vocation and mission.

The sessions (Symposium on consecrated life) and conference on “Ethics and Urgent Care of our Environment, using the document LAUDATO SI.” These help me to be open to people of different culture, religion and experiences. It is in this light trying to respond to Pope Francis’ call that we need to seriously look at how to preserve our environment not only for ourselves but for future generation and posterity.

Education: It is a preparation for me to serve others. It is a blessing because it is a second language of our Congregation. I am imparted with knowledge that helps me to respond to various needs of our mission with confidence. Apart from my mother tongue, I can speak French, English and a bit of Swahili. I had got a chance to teach children from less income families as well as children from rich families. This is a good preparation for my future mission as a teacher. They not only need knowledge but also love, care and understanding. I grew in being creative to adapt to each child’s behavior and remained focused to the objectives of the school. I also learned to collaborate with teachers of different experience, to respect the hierarchy in school and to ask for a help from my colleagues when I faced some challenges related to the discipline of the students. Looking at justice level, I spoke on behalf of the teachers and students about the misunderstanding that exists among to two groups for a better life. I have a chance to contribute to the school’s strategic plan in which I wrote what I believe can bring life. It also helped me to be aware that I need to improve my English skill in articulation, spellings, prepositions, writing skills and do more reading to improve my vocabulary.

Having lived in Central, West and East Africa, this gave me a picture of each part of Africa and also helped me to adapt myself to different climates, different way of responding to the mission by our sisters depending on the needs on each milieu. It gives me an opening to know the culture of others and to appreciate my own. It has really encouraged me to know more about my own country and to appreciate the gift of peace Zambia and Tanzania are enjoying.

International/ intercultural community: It is richness in its own despite its challenges. I learnt to give and receive from others life. I appreciate my culture as well as others’ culture. I grow in openness, listening, collaboration, giving and receiving forgiveness. It helps me to know myself. I learnt to face challenges brought by our differences of backgrounds, differences in ages and experiences with love and courage. “Etre au rendez-vous du donner et du recevoir.” I experience that we are called by God with all our differences.

I was offered a time to be counseled. It was another opportunity for me to go deeper myself and point out areas of my past history that needed a healing. I was helped to recognize my talents and build on them as I work on my weaknesses for a growth. I came aware that God loves me as I am despite of my past history.

I was also given an opportunity to do driving. This helps me to release the burden of my sisters, to do shopping and to attend some meetings. For two years I was the community secretary and I assisted our community’s treasurer in accounts although I did not feel comfortable with the accounts. All these helped me to rend a service in the community."

 Marie Ange Ndayishimiye


*****



I grow in my relationship with God. My horizons are wider.
Personal growth as a woman apostle. 
Ongoing formation,through leaflets which I receive 
for my personal prayer, different workshops and courses.
Accompaniment, Ignatians retreat and spiritual life.
Our charism
Interculturality
Faith dialogue
Openness to other cultures, believers.
Relationships within the Congregation
and with the Missionaries of Africa and beyond.
Community life
Commitment
Deep joy and gratefulness for who I am
today and where I am.
Through my apostolate and daily experiences
I learn how to be a good leader

Anna Wójcik 


*****



Many blessings that I am receiving in my vocation journey: My  monthly reflection  and prayer   by using  the reflect for the temporary professed sisters, accompaniment, different meetings with  my sisters in the Congregation, in community and with the religious in  our Diocese. Reading of documents of the Congregation like "Sharing Trentaprile", "Petit echo", and others.

Priscille Nisubire


*****




  • Growing in deeper relationship with God of love
  • Helping each other and sharing our life
  • The joy of being in a family and a sense of belonging that helps me to mature
  • Collaboration and commitment of each of us in the mission

Agnes Waweru Wangeci


*****


In my vocation, I have received the blessings such as justice, reconciliation, joy , Christ offered me the gift of salvation , faith and trust which nourish my believing in Him who is my savior and healer, through that also, I come to understand more the way of living of my neighbors, sisters and be more compassion to them specially in the community and apostolate. I also receive the blessing of freedom, liberation and new life through letting go my ideas which are less life giving so as to entered in the process of change and experience the present moment. E.g. the question of the closing of the community. I strengthen myself in God’s word and the words of our founder/foundress. Jesus was my light when I share my happiness with others, when I took time to live my promise/desire of being  co-creator with God in a more solidarity way of signing petitions related to human trafficking, child abuse, I have compassion for those who suffer.


Hélène Kavula Bikwe


*****



There are so many blessings that I have received on my journey. Personal and professional growth. Community life with the sisters who are always supporting me in what we share together. I have also been given the space to participate in the decisions of the community as well as the Congregation at large. Being in contact with the Jesuits has also helped me to appreciate and love the Ignatian spirituality as a MSOLA. The accompaniment received and also those moments I never had accompaniment because of un avoidable circumstances, I have grown to be responsible of my personal growth in the way I relate with Jesus.


Linah Siabana 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you all! Its indeed an opening to the wider picture of MSOLA!

    ReplyDelete